CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS AT THE PH.D. FORUM
- Ph.D. forum abstract submission deadline: April 16, 2020
- Conference proceedings in IEEE Xplore
- Intended for Ph.D. students at any stage of their research
The Ph.D. Forum at SMARTCOMP 2020 provides an opportunity for Ph.D. students to present their work in progress to the scientific community and obtain individual feedback from leading researchers in the field. This forum is intended to provide doctoral students with a platform to interact with established researchers from both academia and industry and get useful guidance on the broader impacts of their research.
The Forum will be structured as a poster presentation session by the students, followed by collective discussions. The student presentations will be interleaved with speeches by leading researchers, who will provide their own perspectives on current and future research in the field, as well as on how to best pursue a Ph.D. in this context.
Current Ph.D. students at any stage of their career are encouraged to submit a 2-page extended abstract about their research to be considered for the Ph.D. Forum. The student should be the sole author, although contributions of the advisor and others should be acknowledged.
Submissions will be reviewed by the Ph.D. Forum program committee to ensure quality, relevance, and potential benefit from attendance to the Forum. There will be no separate registration fee for the Forum. Participating students will only need to register to the main SMARTCOMP conference. Authors of accepted submissions are expected to participate in person to the Forum. The proceedings of the Forum will be included in the proceedings of the main conference.
- Abstract: should be no more than 2 pages in length, including figures, tables, and references.
- Letter of support: the Ph.D. advisor of the author should email a letter of support directly to the two co-chairs, as a PDF attachment.
Authors are requested to submit manuscripts in standard IEEE proceedings format in PDF. All submissions must be typeset in double-column IEEE format using 10pt fonts on US letter paper, with all fonts embedded. Submitted abstracts must include the contact information of the authors. Please make sure you use the latest version of the templates to prepare your submissions. IEEE provides corresponding formatting templates at IEEE conference template.
Abstracts must be submitted via EDAS at: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=26894
When submitting, please select the appropriate Track for your paper (i.e., “SMARTCOMP 2020: PhD Forum”).
- Abstract submission deadline: April 16, 2020
- Letter of support submission deadline: April 16, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: April 23, 2020
- Submission of camera-ready deadline: April 30, 2020
SMARTCOMP 2020 Ph.D. Forum Co-Chairs
Sreedevi Sampath, UMBC, USA
Marco Tiloca, RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, Sweden